The GoodLight Commitment
Like many of you, we are concerned with the well-being of our planet. That’s why, when starting GoodLight, we chose to be a part of and advocate for the then nascent sustainability movement in the palm oil industry. While there's still a long way to go, the sustainability movement is the best chance we have at effecting a shift in the industry paradigm and preserving important rainforests and their fragile ecosystems. Since our inception in 2010, we have been members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and GreenPalm, organizations that helped pioneer the sustainable palm movement. Through GreenPalm’s book-and-claim system, GoodLight pays a premium every year to RSPO-certified growers who believe in social responsibility and protecting the environment. In addition, GoodLight is a contributing member of 1% For The Planet, donating 1% of all of our revenues to non-profits combating climate change and global warming. Every year we contribute to Carbonfund.org's reforestation and avoided deforestation projects, planting trees to offset our office emissions and all transportation required to deliver GoodLight from its source to our customers. And since 2013, we've partnered with the Orangutan Land Trust to help protect Southeast Asian forests and wildlife endangered by irresponsible palm plantation expansion.
- All of our candles are made with 100% non-GMO palm wax that contains no paraffin (petroleum), chemicals, phthalates, or any other nasty additives.
- We only use cotton wicks containing no lead or zinc or other metal filaments.
- Our scented candles are scented with a blend of essential and botanical oils, extracted from plants by cold-pressing, steam and/or vacuum distillation.
- Our retail packaging is printed on recycled paper with veggie-based inks.
- And we promise to give you the friendliest service in the candle industry! After all, our goal is to spread good light!