Office Administrator: Order Management & Customer Service, full time
We are looking for an extraordinary person to join our small but mighty team as our right-hand man/woman. This is a full-time position that will begin as office administrator and will evolve into a larger role as GoodLight continues to grow and add more staff. We are seeking a motivated individual that is looking for more than just a job, who wants to contribute his or her talents to our team and join us for the long haul.
GoodLight Natural Candles is a seven-year old company with a strong and growing presence in the national grocery and sustainable products market. Out mission is to provide affordable, clean-burning candles, and to contribute to positive change in the world while we're at it. GoodLight is run by a husband and wife team, and you will be working with the two of us Monday - Friday.
The office administrator is responsible for order management, customer service, and administrative support, with most of your day spent in front of a computer. This position requires impeccable attention to detail, superior organization (this job involves a high volume of daily email traffic), and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Over time, as the basics of the administrative work becomes second nature, more responsibilities will be added to this role - and compensation will increase accordingly.
Only candidates that are qualified and seriously interested in a long-term position need apply. GoodLight is growing and we're seeking a person who can grow and adapt along with us.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those the office administrator must perform. This is not a comprehensive list, and other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Have a deep understanding of the intricacies of our various customer channels
- Review and process orders that are received via email and phone
- Generate invoices and process payments using QuickBooks
- Liaise with our third-party fulfillment centers
- Ensure that orders are shipped in a timely manner
- Provide tracking information to customers
- Invoice EDI customers
- Manage inventory / weekly inventory reporting
- Quote and book LTL shipments
- Handle returns, mis-picks, mis-ships
Office Admin / General Support
- CRM management (TurnLink): updating / adding customer contact info, product info, sales email correspondence
- Manage internal docs: updating broker contact list, product spec sheet, promo calendar
- Complete and manage new vendor set-up and new item submission forms (Excel)
- Monthly sales and broker commission reporting
- Monthly inventory reporting
- Execute email blasts to support quarterly promos
- Mail samples and marketing materials to brokers and buyers
- Maintain and organize office sample inventory, office, and shipping supplies
- Answer phone calls and emails
- Respond to customer inquiries and wholesale information requests via email
- Impeccable attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Great initiative and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch gears quickly
- Friendly and positive - you are the voice of GoodLight when customers call
- Have a sense of urgency
- Possess the ability to focus on daily tasks while also seeing the bigger picture
- Be able to anticipate needs
- Willingness to help the business grow and succeed
- Enjoy working with a small staff (married couple) in a decidedly non-corporate environment
- Have an interest in our environmental mission
- A great, positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must (bonus points for experience with EDI, TurnLink, and QuickBooks)
- 1-2 years of order entry, customer service and/or office support experience is a must
- 4-year college degree or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in the CPG or natural products market is a plus
- $20-22/hour to start (depends on experience)
- Bonuses and raises based on milestone and performance
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of employment
- A steady supply of candles for your home!
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and your resume to info at naturalcandles dot com. Applicants who do not send both will not be considered.